HOW LONG DOES TAKE TO GET INTERVIEW AFTER FINGERPRINT FOR CITIZENSHIP ? ( N-400)

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

IS IT INTERVIEW REALLY HARD ?

1. Stanley Dale Radtke

1

Answered . This could really depend upon your personal situation. After you are fingerprinted, your application must be approved by both DHS and Department of State.

DHS is easy as your information is sent to the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) in Virginia for search in the FBI's database.

The Department of State can sometimes be problematic, especially if you come from a country that does not have good relations with the US, such as Iran, North Korea, Syria. I have had clients from such countries that have waited for years before receiving security clearance by the DOS. In some instances, I have had to file a federal court action under a Writ of Mandamus to compel the DOS to act.

2. Stanley P. Walker

1

Answered . Generally, the naturalization process takes about 90 days from filing to interview. Some offices are faster than others (our Jacksonville, FL field office usually only takes about 60 days). I would imagine if you have already had your biometrics (fingerprints), you should receive an interview notice any day now. The interview itself is not that difficult. There are self-help study guides online at www.uscis.gov. The reading and writing portions (assuming you do not qualify for a waiver of the English language requirements) are very straightforward and there are study materials online listing all of the possible words that will be used during those portions of the exam. Good luck with your naturalization process!

3. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Not if you study your materials, prepare your paperwork, dot your i's and cross your t's, and possibly have solid representation to get you through it.