HOW LONG DOES TAKE TO GET INTERVIEW AFTER FINGERPRINT FOR CITIZENSHIP ? ( N-400)

Santa Ana, CA |

IS IT INTERVIEW REALLY HARD ?

1. Generally, the naturalization process takes about 90 days from filing to interview. Some offices are faster than others (our Jacksonville, FL field office usually only takes about 60 days). I would imagine if you have already had your biometrics (fingerprints), you should receive an interview notice any day now. The interview itself is not that difficult. There are self-help study guides online at www.uscis.gov. The reading and writing portions (assuming you do not qualify for a waiver of the English language requirements) are very straightforward and there are study materials online listing all of the possible words that will be used during those portions of the exam. Good luck with your naturalization process!

2. Not if you study your materials, prepare your paperwork, dot your i's and cross your t's, and possibly have solid representation to get you through it.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

3. This could really depend upon your personal situation. After you are fingerprinted, your application must be approved by both DHS and Department of State.

DHS is easy as your information is sent to the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) in Virginia for search in the FBI's database.

The Department of State can sometimes be problematic, especially if you come from a country that does not have good relations with the US, such as Iran, North Korea, Syria. I have had clients from such countries that have waited for years before receiving security clearance by the DOS. In some instances, I have had to file a federal court action under a Writ of Mandamus to compel the DOS to act.

Stanley Dale Radtke, Esq. 415-480-4529. The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship