How long does take to get a descion on N336.

Staten Island, NY |

I had my interview for N336 month ago. the officer said that my papers is ok, and i will get a mail within 2 or 3 weeks, bu it is 5 weeks nw?!

It depends on the field office and the processing time for each. If you don't receive a decision within 2 months after your interview, make an InfoPass appointment and ask about it in person.

It takes a few weeks (and sometimes even a few months) longer then the time frame given you by the officer. It still has to pass supervisory review. His was an understatement, to sy the least.
You have to be patient!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Newyork Office

I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.