How long does someone get locked up for elder abuse, fraud, auto theft, and unarmed robbery?

Sunnyvale, CA |

My friend stole a car and robbed an elderly ladies house. He sold the stolen car for $7,500 and stole a safe from the house that contained about $3,000. When he knew he was on the look out, he ran away and is currently MIA. When he gets caught, how much time will he do?

1. No one can say for sure- but jail time will be part of any sentence . It is best for your friend to retain an attorney and arrange to turn himself in. The court would look favorably at this- rather than if he gets picked up and arrested.

2. This depend on a whole host of factors which cannot be adressed on a site like this. Consult a local lawyer.

3. He needs a lawyer. If they have evidence of any of these charges, he'll get at least some prison.

Note that you don't give facts supporting a robbery (the worst charge you name). If the woman was not home or not threatened, this is first-degree burglary (still a strike, but better for sentencing that home invasion robbery).

This is exactly the type of case I handle. Please have you friend call or come in for a consultation.

4. Your question is a bit like asking, "How much will Facebook stock be trading at a year from now?" We can't predict the future and there are too many factors involved to be able to tell you the amount of time he'll receive.

I agree with my colleagues. He needs a lawyer, especially if there is a warrant out for his arrest. I also agree that some jail time, possibly prison time, is pretty much guaranteed with charges that serious.