How long does NVC take to schedule and interview in Pakistan, my case was closed in June 15, 2012

Asked over 2 years ago - Hammond, IN

my case was completed in June 15, 2012 and priority date was oct 2011 my husband applied for spouse visa for myself..further please let me know once NVC reviewed the financial documents then hopefully it should not impact the visa delay.

1. Eugene J. Glicksman

Best Answer

Answered . You don't say whether your husband is a US citizen or permanent resident. If he is a citizen, 2-4 months is an average waiting period after the NVC has completed the processing and forwarded the file.

If your husband is a resident, you have a long wait. The priority date for June 2012 for second preference spouse cases is January 1, 2010. Since you say your priority date is October 2011, you will probably be waiting for at least 1-2 years.

Good luck!

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . Generally 3 months or less

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. A lot depends on facts you did not provide.