How long does nj have to come get someone in ny for a warrant? Even if they waived extradition? When will the inmate be released

Riverhead, NY |

How long does new jersey have to come pick someone up who had a warrant in new jersey but got arrested in new York? His charge is a petty larceny. He already waived extradition. But he is sitting in new York jail waiting for new jersey to pick him up. How long does he have to wait to be released by new york if new jersey doesn't come? Please help!!

It can often take a week.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

He can be held to a maximum of 90 days.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

90 days

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights