How long does my insurance have to pay for damages to my vehicle.

Oklahoma City, OK |

my wife had a at fault accident insurance sent a adjuster how estemated the damage at 4400 hundred dollars that was a month and a half ago. I hot ahold of the insurance once and asked why I hadnt received a check yet and they apologized and said it got stuck in the system but it was on its way that was about 2 and half weeks ago they wont return my calls and the people who do answer the phone are getting with me when ask to speak to a some one who can help.

I would make a request for payment in writing. I would also contact your State's insurance commissioner's office to report the delay in payment.

Send them a certified letter, and if they don't respond, retain a local attorney to assist or small claims court.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

The insurance company should accept or deny the claim within 45 days. There is no specific time to send the check, but in other types of insurance, claims should be paid within 45 days. There may be other penalties for failing to pay promptly, such as interest and attorneys fees.

Victor R. Wandres

Victor R. Wandres

Hi, Jody!