How long does mississippi have to indict? furthermore, it took three weeks for them to take me for an this allowed

Biloxi, MS |

Without giving too many details. i was falstly arrested for a drug charge in mississippi. no drugs were ever found on my person or my vechicle. i was placed in jail and got lost in their system. hencefore, i was not taken for arraingment for three weeks. there was another person arrested with me and the courts appointed both of us the same attorney. til this very day i still have not been indicted. so where do you go for help when the law is lawless??? how long does mississippi have before they indict a person???

The statute of limitations for felony DUI is two (2) years. The State must secure an indictment against you not later than two years after you allegedly committed the act.

I'm a bit confused by your question, though. I'm not sure how you could have had an arraignment without first being indicted.

Curt Crowley
DUI & Criminal Defense
Offices in Jackson and Biloxi

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI