How long does Medicare last?

Rapid City, SD |

If I start to receive Medicare, is it temporary or for rest of my life? If it is temporary, how long does Medicare benefit last?

.

It is intended to be permanent, to last the rest of your life. However, the fund supporting it is being depleted and is expected to go broke in about 15 or 20 years, unless the politicians fix it. So if possible try to plan your finances so that you can take care of your own health care at that time. If i'm wrong and it survives, you will have a very nice vacation fund built up.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in California. (Bryant) Keith Martin sbbizlaw.com