How long does it usually take to get a citizenship interview after biometric in new york city?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hello.
I applied my citizenship in April and did biometric in May.
its been more than 90 days after I did my fingerprints but still haven't gotten schedule for the interview date..
How long does usually takes to get an interview date after biometric?
I called USCIS today and they are not really helpful.. just told me to wait for another 4months, which doesn't make sence to me..
I applied and got denied once before (applied in wrong state...) and first one didnt took me this long, it only took about 3 months? til the interview..
I'm so worried..
does anyone have any idea...?

Thank you!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . NYC has the busiest USCIS district office in the nation. Got to be patient. 4, even 5 months is right. Processing times for all types of cases at every district nationwide are posted at the USCIS website.

2. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

4

Answered . You can check the processing time for New York on the USCIS website.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

2

Answered . You can use your prior experience to assess processing times in another state. The New York City Field Office is one if the busiest USCIS offices in the country. It is not unusual to wait more than 90 days after your biometrics appointment for an interview. You need to be patient as it has been less thsn five nobths sunce you filed. It is likely you will be waiting another four months for an interview.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . it can be 3 to 5 months after your biometrics.