How long does it usually take to get a citizenship interview after biometric in new york city?

New York, NY |

Hello.
I applied my citizenship in April and did biometric in May.
its been more than 90 days after I did my fingerprints but still haven't gotten schedule for the interview date..
How long does usually takes to get an interview date after biometric?
I called USCIS today and they are not really helpful.. just told me to wait for another 4months, which doesn't make sence to me..
I applied and got denied once before (applied in wrong state...) and first one didnt took me this long, it only took about 3 months? til the interview..
I'm so worried..
does anyone have any idea...?

Thank you!

1. NYC has the busiest USCIS district office in the nation. Got to be patient. 4, even 5 months is right. Processing times for all types of cases at every district nationwide are posted at the USCIS website.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can check the processing time for New York on the USCIS website.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

3. You can use your prior experience to assess processing times in another state. The New York City Field Office is one if the busiest USCIS offices in the country. It is not unusual to wait more than 90 days after your biometrics appointment for an interview. You need to be patient as it has been less thsn five nobths sunce you filed. It is likely you will be waiting another four months for an interview.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

4. it can be 3 to 5 months after your biometrics.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.