How long does it usually take to cancel an I-130 form?

Millville, NJ |

Currently my husband and I have an I-130 in processing at a USCIS local office. Since November 2010 it has been processing and every time I go to call customer service it somehow gets transferred again and I am told to continue waiting for longer. When I filed my husband was out of the country and now we are both together out of the country. I have sent a withdrawal letter to the USCIS local office for our I-130 because we have decided on refiling from the American embassy in Jordan. Now I sent this form (along with plenty of documents supporting our decision) over a month ago now and have yet to hear anything from their office. I am so fed up of waiting and was wondering what is the normal guidelines for requesting a withdrawal of an I-130?

That withdrawal letter should suffice. Avoid any more headaches and hire an experienced immigration attorney.
---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=95f5f15d149e6bf0ee80280b3ff6fae27aeab2b98f63be46fb3710fe9ef0120fab0d009f72f9899e ) ----------------------------------------

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Thank you for your response I'm beginning to agree an immigration lawyer should have been involved a whileee ago lol

A withdrawal letter is sufficient. Mail all correspondence either Priority Mail or by some other system that you can track the receipt of the mail. Also, make sure you are sending documents and correspondence to the correct address- sending it to the field office may not be the best idea, sometime you may want to send it to the regional processing center.

It is always a better idea to have a professional handle the matter simly to avoid the frustrations you are presently experiencing.

Yes I did send it as priority and I know that it should be at the office I was just worried because a customer service rep told me I should hear something within 30 days.

Rahul Chakravartty

Rahul Chakravartty

You may not get a response from the USCIS.

Generally, you do not receive notice of cancellation so no need to worry.

Thank you for your response. I was aware they always sent out a confirmation and even if I didn't get a letter, the USCIS website still has my case as in initial review.

My office just received confirmation of the letter of Withdrawal we filed end of January - so that should give you time frame on how long it takes.
Caro Kinsella
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Telephone: 954-304-2243
Skype: caro.kinsellalaw
Email: caro@ckinsellalaw.com
Website:www.immigrationlawyerfl.com

Thank you that really gives me a good timeline. I've been getting answers that it should only take one month to that it should take up to 3 months so it's all a bit confusing.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics