How long does it usually take to cancel an I-130 form?

Asked over 2 years ago - Millville, NJ

Currently my husband and I have an I-130 in processing at a USCIS local office. Since November 2010 it has been processing and every time I go to call customer service it somehow gets transferred again and I am told to continue waiting for longer. When I filed my husband was out of the country and now we are both together out of the country. I have sent a withdrawal letter to the USCIS local office for our I-130 because we have decided on refiling from the American embassy in Jordan. Now I sent this form (along with plenty of documents supporting our decision) over a month ago now and have yet to hear anything from their office. I am so fed up of waiting and was wondering what is the normal guidelines for requesting a withdrawal of an I-130?

1. Caro Marie Kinsella

2

1

Answered . My office just received confirmation of the letter of Withdrawal we filed end of January - so that should give you time frame on how long it takes.
    Caro Kinsella
    Attorney & Counselor at Law
    Telephone: 954-304-2243
    Skype: caro.kinsellalaw
    Email: caro@ckinsellalaw.com
    Website:www.immigrationlawyerfl.com

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

2

Answered . That withdrawal letter should suffice. Avoid any more headaches and hire an experienced immigration attorney.
    ---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=95f5f15d149e6bf... ) ----------------------------------------

3. Rahul Chakravartty

2

Answered . A withdrawal letter is sufficient. Mail all correspondence either Priority Mail or by some other system that you can track the receipt of the mail. Also, make sure you are sending documents and correspondence to the correct address- sending it to the field office may not be the best idea, sometime you may want to send it to the regional processing center.

It is always a better idea to have a professional handle the matter simly to avoid the frustrations you are presently experiencing.

4. Robert West

2

Answered . Generally, you do not receive notice of cancellation so no need to worry.