How long does it USUALLY take for my lawyer to get my health care insurance company to waive a claim for reimbursement of bills?

Asked about 2 years ago - Milwaukee, WI

My lawyer has already gotten me 100,000 bodily injury settlement from an accident but he is holding the money until he gets done with my healthcare insurance, he is trying to have them waive the claim for reimbursement of medical bills they pay out, how long does a process like this USUALLY take?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 12

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ask your lawyer

    If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and... more
  2. 12

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no usual. A month tops probably.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  3. 11

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No usual. Too many variables including the nature/extent of your injuries, value of your claim, amount owed, type of plan, state laws, and the people reviewing it for the health insurance company.

  4. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Varies with each company. Normally the Healtcare provider has a third party subrogator and they negotiate on behalf of the health care facility. I have been involved in negotiations that last three to six months. Be patient. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492.... more
  5. 8

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . it really depends. however, i cant imagine you not being allowed to get at least some of the monies now pending a resolution. contact him and see if you can at least get some of the monies, especially if you have already signed the release and the monies are sitting in the trust account

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,613 answers this week

3,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,613 answers this week

3,941 attorneys answering