How long does it USUALLY take for my lawyer to get my health care insurance company to waive a claim for reimbursement of bills?

Milwaukee, WI |

My lawyer has already gotten me 100,000 bodily injury settlement from an accident but he is holding the money until he gets done with my healthcare insurance, he is trying to have them waive the claim for reimbursement of medical bills they pay out, how long does a process like this USUALLY take?

1. Ask your lawyer

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

2. No usual. Too many variables including the nature/extent of your injuries, value of your claim, amount owed, type of plan, state laws, and the people reviewing it for the health insurance company.

3. There is no usual. A month tops probably.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. Varies with each company. Normally the Healtcare provider has a third party subrogator and they negotiate on behalf of the health care facility. I have been involved in negotiations that last three to six months. Be patient. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

5. it really depends. however, i cant imagine you not being allowed to get at least some of the monies now pending a resolution. contact him and see if you can at least get some of the monies, especially if you have already signed the release and the monies are sitting in the trust account

Wills and estates topics