How long does it till i get my work permit and green card ( through marriage ) after filling all the forms to USCIS ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I just filled all the forms required to Chicago, do i get the work permit before i get called in for the interview ? how long does it take to get the work permit and the green card ?

1. Ralf D. Wiedemann

3

1

Answered . The work permit is usually issued within 90 days of filing the application. Being scheduled for the interview in Philadelphia usually takes 4 to 5 months from filing, but I've seen it happen even quicker recently.

2. Lauren Ashley Paulus

3

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, in that it depends on the local office. Just to give you an example of times, I just had a similar case approved this week in San Diego, at the Chula Vista field office, that I submitted the first week of November. So it took just under 3 months for the permanent residency to be approved, and they received the employment authorization a couple weeks prior. I have another case that I submitted the first week of January in Santa Ana, CA, that just received an interview for the first week of March. So, assuming it is approved at the interview, that case will have taken around 2 months. You can also check processing times for your local field office online at the link below.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . You should get your work permit before you interview. The permit takes about three months. If there are no problems the interview for the green card takes about six months. The card is produced about 2 months after the successful completion of the interview.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . It depends on the local office. It usually takes about 90 days to get the permit, but if the interview is scheduled before that, you may not get it unless for some reason you are not able to be approved for your green card at the interview.

One or more answers have been taken down.