How long does it takes USCIS to respond to my RFE response?

Asked about 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I applied for TPS I-821 and received an RFE (Request For Evidence) to prove my nationality, continuous presence in U.S. etc...

to which i replied and my status changed to "Request For Evidence Response Review" which states that i should receive a written decision or written update within 60 days

it's been 70 days and my status hasn't changed nor have i received a decision by USCIS.

I've heard that not receiving a response from them within the 60 days is actually a good thing and means that everything went smoothly and that the proof i sent them satisfied them enough to not send me a denial letter or a 2nd RFE... is this all true?

Should i be expecting approval? Denial? since their 60 days are over how much longer do you think it will take USCIS to make a decision on my case?

1. Andre R. Olivie

Answered . Each case is different so its impossible to say, how complicated your case was or how busy they are makes a difference. You might call USCIS customer service, tell the customer service agent that its been over 60 days and ask them if they will look into the situation.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . I agree with my collegue as to each RFE being reviewed on a case by case basis. The 60 days is a USCIS self imposed best practice and not meant to be anything more than that. The 60 goal was set in this press relase http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/casemgm...

You can contact USCIS customer service or make an INFOPASS appointment to check on the status of your reply. Good luck.

3. Lynne Rogers Feldman

Answered . since you are past the 60 days you shoudl call the 800 Customer Service number and put through an inquiry. have you moved?

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law