How long does it takes USCIS to make a decision on a case after responding to a "Request For Evidence"?

Las Vegas, NV |

I applied for TPS I-821 and received an RFE (Request For Evidence) to prove my nationality, continuous presence in U.S. etc...

After Replying my status changed to "Request For Evidence Response Review" which states that i should receive a written decision or written update within 60 days

it's been 135 days and my status hasn't changed nor have i received a decision by USCIS.

I've heard that not receiving a response from them within the 60 days is actually a good thing and means that everything went smoothly and that the proof i sent them satisfied them enough to not send me a denial letter or a 2nd RFE... is this all true?

Should i be expecting approval? Denial? since their 60 days are over... how much longer do you think it will take USCIS to make a decision on my case?

As that is beyond the standard processing time for the case, you should have your attorney file a status inquiry.

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

I don't think anyone on this forum can tell you what to expect. We did not file your TPS application and do not know if you met the requirements. If you want to find out the status of your case, call the 800 number or make an infopass appointment.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. The RFE can act as a guidance - if it was more technical than qucker can be expected and if more issue related longer can be expected.
You should have your attorney contact USCIS for a status report as my college suggests. That way if the file has been in limbo, someone will get it and review

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Generally within 60 days, but there is no statutorily set time.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Not receiving a response within 60 days is not a good thing. Please call USCIS to find out what is going on with your case.