How long does it takes to get his working permit? and can he stop schooling?

Asked 8 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

im a green card holder and i married a student visa..we married on june and im just gonna ask how many months can he get the working permit.. and his still in the school.. can he stop schooling?

1. Javier G Pineda

2

1

Answered . I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to understand the risks. The visa bulletin for August and September show that visas are current for spouses of legal permanent residents. If properly filed and there are no delays, it takes three months for USCIS to process employment authorization. Understand the risks and process before you file.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Assuming an I-485 can and is filed, and the I-765 is filed with the I-485, it will take up to 90 days from the date of filing.

The Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit has stated that "Many courts have recognized that 'our immigration statutory framework is notoriously complex'" and that it is "ever changing"

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Brian Haksoon Lee

Answered . I agree with Mr. Pineda. If you property file the immigrant petition and application for green card by the end of September, your husband may not have to maintain his student status. However, there are some risks involved, so you should definitely consult an experienced immigration attorney immediately and see if your husband can be benefited from the recent progress in the F2A preference category.