How long does it takes for me to wait for my interview after we submitted my DS-260 and AOS from my husband?

Marysville, WA |

i am a wife of an american and was petitioned for I130 visa. Our Priority date is Dec2012, approved by USCIS last April 09 2013. We just submitted my DS-260 and my husbands AOS 2wks ago. In addition to that our son which is 7mo old only was already living with my husband at WA and has been away from me 4mos after i give birth.. how long does ussually the process end till i've got my interview?

1. Wow, you need a lawyer. You don't do the DS-260 if you are adjusting status! Please for your sake get an experienced immigration lawyer. You've got it all messed up, it can be fixed but meantime you've paid unnecessary fees to the government.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. I assume that the reason that you are separated is because your husband is in the U.S. and you are abroad. In that case, from the time NVC obtains the case and forward it to the consulate can be anywhere between 30-120 days.

3. You are obviously very confused. You urgently need to retain an immigration lawyer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. AOS as used in this post likely is affidavit of support, not adjustment of status.

A person can adjust status only while in the US while the Form DS-260 is filed by a person who is outside the US.

The affidavit of support is used by certain persons (generally family-based beneficiaries) whether they are inside or outside the US.

The US Embassy/Consulate reviewing your petition likely can tell you what the average wait time for an interview is. You can find the website for the embassy/consulate at http://usembassy.state.gov/ .

You should gather all the documents and other evidence that you are eligible for the visa so that at the interview the consular officer will have no reason to deny your petition or request additional information.