How long does it take to transfer felony probation to a different county?

Asked 8 months ago - Ocala, FL

the reason for transfer is because i'm moving. also i have not had any problems with my p.o

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You must request a transfer from either your probation officer or from the court. If your probation officer can arrange transfer, you should ask them. If it has to be done by court order, it depends on how long it takes for the Judge's secretary to give you a court date for a motion for transfer. Depending on how crowded the Judge's docket is, you might get a hearing within 7 days after your request. You will also have to notify the state of your request for transfer court date.

    The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law... more
  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It should not take long, but if your po cannot or will not get it done, you have to get court permission.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more
  3. Michael Adam Haber


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Although s/he can be helpful, either way your PO has no say in the matter. Your lawyer must make a compelling presentation to the court, hopefully after having researched the viability of the proposed transfer.

    To answer your question more directly though: It will take however long it takes for the Court to satisfy itself that the transfer is A) doable (that the receiving jurisdiction will accept the proposed transfer), B) reasonable and C) responsible.

    I hope this has been helpful.

    First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,930 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,930 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering