How long does it take to settle a personal injury claim?

Crown Point, IN |

I was in an auto accident in April 2012. I was rear ended by a driver and he was cited by the police and found to be at fault. I do not have health insurance and my car insurance does not cover any medical expenses.

You need to hire an attorney. They will help expedite the claim and get full value.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

The sooner you meet with an attorney, the sooner your claim will move towards a fair resolution. The insurance company for the at fault party has been and will be working to gather evidence to undermine your claim. The length of time the case will take is impossible to accurately predict without a full understanding of the facts (both liability and medical). I would be happy to discuss this with you - feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

This answer is NOT intended as legal advise. Given the limited information presented in the question, a full and accurate legal analysis is not possible. The answer is intended for general informational use and should NOT be relied upon as legal advise. Moreover, an attorney-client relationship is not intended. Only after a full consultation is a legal opinion possible.

Without an attorney, it could seem like an eternity. Search Avvo for an aggressive personal injury lawyer who can move your case forward. Good luck.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-510-6755
http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

The length of time it takes to settle a personal injury claim is dependent on many different factors. You are best served by contacting a local personal injury attorney who can best answer your question given the unique facts of your case.

Chris Wyant Attorney at Law Brown Tompkins Lory & Mastrian 608 East Market Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 317-631-6866 phone 317-685-2329 fax cwyant@btlmlaw.com www.btlmlaw.com

it depends. you really should contact a reputable lawyer in lake county for a free consultation. it sounds as though you are still hurt. depending on the insurance company you might just be wasting time by trying to work with it. some simply drag things out without any intention of being reasonable. some though are reasonable. if suit is required it will take a while (usually 2 yrs or so) but most health care providers will take a letter of protection from your lawyer for the medical bills. in choosing a lawyer, word of mouth is best. if you don't know or learn of one then the lake co bar keeps a referral list as well as the indiana trial lawyers assoc located in indy.
if the insurance co on the other side is allstate or a substandard you should simply call a lawyer immediately. if, however, it is farm bureau then you might try working with them as they are pretty reasonable.