How long does it take to settle a personal injury claim?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Crown Point, IN

I was in an auto accident in April 2012. I was rear ended by a driver and he was cited by the police and found to be at fault. I do not have health insurance and my car insurance does not cover any medical expenses.

1. Jack Alan Kramer

Pro

4

Answered . The sooner you meet with an attorney, the sooner your claim will move towards a fair resolution. The insurance company for the at fault party has been and will be working to gather evidence to undermine your claim. The length of time the case will take is impossible to accurately predict without a full understanding of the facts (both liability and medical). I would be happy to discuss this with you - feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

2. Christopher David Wyant

1

Answered . The length of time it takes to settle a personal injury claim is dependent on many different factors. You are best served by contacting a local personal injury attorney who can best answer your question given the unique facts of your case.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

2

Answered . You need to hire an attorney. They will help expedite the claim and get full value.

Pro

2

Answered . Without an attorney, it could seem like an eternity. Search Avvo for an aggressive personal injury lawyer who can move your case forward. Good luck.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Terrence Marc Rubino

Pro

Answered . it depends. you really should contact a reputable lawyer in lake county for a free consultation. it sounds as though you are still hurt. depending on the insurance company you might just be wasting time by trying to work with it. some simply drag things out without any intention of being reasonable. some though are reasonable. if suit is required it will take a while (usually 2 yrs or so) but most health care providers will take a letter of protection from your lawyer for the medical bills. in choosing a lawyer, word of mouth is best. if you don't know or learn of one then the lake co bar keeps a referral list as well as the indiana trial lawyers assoc located in indy.
    if the insurance co on the other side is allstate or a substandard you should simply call a lawyer immediately. if, however, it is farm bureau then you might try working with them as they are pretty reasonable.