How long does it take to set up a living trust?

Asked about 2 years ago - Soquel, CA

I have a home an IRA and three other bank/security accounts

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

6

Answered . It really depends on how soon you want it and how soon your testamentary intent is clear in your mind.

The preparation of the declaration of trust, and other estate documents, is just the first step. Property, such as your home, must then be transferred to you, as trustee of the trust. The recording of that deed can take awhile since it is usually done through the mail and depends on the county recorder.

The whole process, unless rushed, can usually be easily completed in 10 days to two weeks, not including receiving the deed back from the recorder.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Shop around.
    My office can do them in one day.
    Funding bank accounts into the trust is accomplished
    at your speed.