How long does it take to see a judge or get a bond when detained at krome?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Miami, FL

My bf had a argument with his kid's mother and he called the police because she had his keys the police came but her pants Pocket was ripped do to him snatching the keys out of her back Pocket so he was told that he would have to go to court his bm went to the prosecutor and didn't want to press any charges so he went to court and they let him go but he goes to DR for a vacation when he comes back custom is giving a hard time saying he has a felony but they let him go advise that he will hear from them they sent a letter to go to custom he goes then they detained him for krome how long does he have to sit until he get a bondd hearing or see a judge his kid's mother is willing to go to court like she should of the first time to explain the situation.what do you think the outcome would be

1. C. C. Abbott

Answered . Your boyfriend needs to retain an experienced immigration attorney to assist him. The situation has gone way beyond the alleged victim going to court and stating it was nothing and he will be let out. There is something missing with the criminal adjudication side of the story that needs attention by an experienced immigration attorney. This is your third post in over a week; he needs an attorney to assist him and advocate for him before the Government attorney and the Immigration Judge. Good luck.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . You need an immigration attorney experienced in removal defense and criminal law.

I often handle case at Krome. A bond hearing will be scheduled 3 business days after the request is made. However, depending on what felony your friend was convicted of, he may not be eligible for bond.

An attorney may need to look into Post Conviction Relief in the criminal court. It is important that you move on this quickly.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . The amount of time that it can take for a bond hearing to be scheduled
    can depend on a number of factors including where the alien is detained,
    the judge the case is assigned to, and the charges filed by ICE against
    the alien. Depending upon those charges, the alien may not be eligible
    for bond.

There is obviously more to your boyfriend's immigration and criminal
    history. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can
    determine the exact relevant facts and advise you how best to proceed.

4. Javier G Pineda

Answered . I agree with Mr. Abbot. See an immigration attorney. A motion can be filed with the Immigration Court to have a hearing on his eligibility for bond.

5. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.
    Retaining an immigration lawyer will only benefit his interests.
    Goodluck.