How long does it take to renew a work authorization card. Will I be able to continue working if the one I have experied in two w

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

Weeks I haven't even done fingerprints yet and my job is asking for the new card.

1. You cannot continue working when your EAD expires. It takes 2-3 months to obtain a new EAD. If you have a good reason, request an expedite.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. How long does it take to renew a work authorization card.
    Up to 90 days

Will I be able to continue working if the one I have experied
    No

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. When did you apply? It can take upto 90 days to get it renewed.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.