How long does it take to recieve decision on I730 petition for spouse?

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Political asylum

it has been 2 years since I have filed I730 for my wife. Case was transferred to India in October 2011. My wife's interview is done at USCIS office in India before 3 months. I have sent email to USCIS India a week ago to inquire about it. I haven't heard anything form them yet. What is the time frame I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

I think it should have all been done - but it appears that it as approved (before transfer) and that there is a delay as a result of the interview process. Perhaps she has a criminal history? Or what did they ask her? Something is wrong...........

Thanks for your quick reply. My wife do not have any criminal history. And during the interview she was asked about me and my case. Thanks in advance

You may want to hire an attorney to follow up and see what has caused the delay and what can be done to help move things forward.

I agree with the other attorneys ... especially the part about having a meeting with an attorney.

Capriotti International Law
www.capriotti.com
franco@capriotti.com
1-503-803-0055
SKYPE 3-WAY VIDEO AVAILABLE

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.