How long does it take to receive Oath Letter after passed the test? Interviewed had in San Francisco.

Oakland, CA |

I had my citizenship interview on July 18th 2012 (today) Received N-652 form after the interview with check-marked (Passed US Civic Test, Reading, Writing) and another check-marked "USCIS will send you a written Decision about your application".

I did not get the usual "heck-marked "Congratulations! You have been recommended approval."

So how long does it take for me to receive the oath letter? Is there anything I should be worried about? Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Any problems come up at your interview?

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Usually within a month you should receive the oath ceremony certificate, unless there were issues at the interview. It appears your case is still being reviewed. You should hire an experienced immigration lawyer to go to the district office and follow up your case.

3. Usually 45 to 90 days. But that may not apply to you. If something is up - there may be other problems. If the officer just needed to check with his supervisor - then it should be quick.