Skip to main content

How long does it take to receive Oath Letter after passed the test and recommended approval? Interviewed had in San Francisco.

Daly City, CA |

I had my citizenship interview on May 14, 2012. Received N-652 form after the interview with check-marked (Passed US Civic Test, Reading, Writing) and another check-marked "Congratulations! You have been recommended approval.". So how long does it take for me to receive the oath letter? Is there anything I should be worried about? Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Id say 30 days. If nothing then, call uscis to find out.

Avvo doesn't remunerate me for this response, and I'm only offering limited advice based on the few facts given me in your question. I am not your lawyer solely because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me or are interested in a low cost or free consultation, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. It's impossible to fully evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.


You should have you oath ceremony in a month or two.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You should receive it in about a month. Do not travel outside of the US in the interim.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer