How long does it take to receive EAD card after my biometrics (green card application through marriage) ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

USCIS received my green card application through marriage on 4/5 (my husband is a USC), and I did my biometrics on 5/6. How long does it usually take (I am in Los Angeles) to receive the work permit? And if I work now, is it illegal? Or it is not a big problem for my green card application? Thank you for your help.

1. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . USCIS typically issues the EAD within 90 days of filing the application. It is a little late to be concerned with whether your employment is illegal or not considering you are currently working. Assuming you do not currently have employment authorization, your employment is illegal. An alien can only work in the United States with employment authorization.

However, your unlawful employment will be excused as you are seeking adjustment of status through a U.S. citizen. You must disclose your employment to USCIS. You cannot mislead USCIS about your employment as that can lead to more serious consequences.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . USCIS has 90 days from date of filing to issue an EAD.

3. Beata Anna Leja

4

1

Answered . The USCIS takes approximately 90 days to issue a new EAD, from the date of original filing. In some case, it may take more or less time.