How long does it take to receive an appt for my biometrics? I applied trough VAWA.

Filed under: Immigration

I got approved for I-360 and I already filed for a work permit. But before I get the work permit I need to get finger prints but I want to know how long it takes to receive the appt for my fingerprints and how long it takes to receive my work permit after my fingerprints are taken.

It will take less than 2 months after having filed for an EAD to get the biometrics appointment.

Within a month after that you should receive your EAD.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You should get your appointment letter within a few weeks of filing and will most likely receive your work permit within 2-3 months. You can view the current wait times below: - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

about 2-3 months, see processing times at

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Recommended articles about Immigration