How long does it take to receive a summons for fraud?

Jamaica, NY |

Someone took my card and has deposited checks that are being returned. Since they withdrew 200$ from my account, my bank teller told me to file a report and get a summons in order for my account to be lifted. Because they have put it on restriction. If I cancelled the account I won't be able to reopen a new one it will be hard. So I have to get a report and file foe investigation to receive a summons.how long will it take?

1. What do you mean by summons? That term is usally used when you sue someone.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.