How long does it take to receive a settlement check in the state of colorado for wrongful death case?

Denver, CO |

Mediation has taken place and settlement has been rendered.

1. Settlement checks are typically mailed out within a month. Your lawyer can press them for the money sooner.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. Your attorney should have included a time limit with the settlemnt agreement for delivery of the check. There is otherwise no time limit. If there is no deadline built into your settlement, reach out to the attorney and ask him/her to put a little pressure on opposing counsel or the insurance carrier.

It goes without saying -- but I am sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Usually settlement checks are sent out soon after the paperwork is finalized, but this can vary. If the agreement itself does not set a time limit, then a court will impose a 'reasonable time'. Talk to your attorney and see what information he or she can learn from the Defendant.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

4. i don't practice in colorado but do and have done alot of wrongful death cases in indiana and illinois. getting the check is a process. often the paying insurance company will want probate approval of the settlement. this takes time. often the paying side drags it feet with the settlement documents. your lawyer wants to get the money as quickly as you do so trust him/her. a good estimate is 30 - 60 days. if you get it sooner great but think later than sooner.

5. This depends upon whether or not the check has to go through a probate court. If not, you would typically receive it within one month. I suggest you check with you attorney because there may be unique circumstances in your case. Good Luck