How long does it take to receive a determination on my dlad hearing?

Niles, MI |

it has been exactly one month today, and the hearing officer told me i would receive my determination within a month. Win or lose, i really need to get the final order so i can stop stressing about this. Also, is there any way i could contact them and find out when i will get it?

The DLAD is currently running behind. Recently I have seen it take up to seven weeks for them to send out orders.

Basically, you have to be patient, and unfortunately I am sure that is not the answer you want to hear right now.

Best of luck.

An Attorney-Client relationship has not been established. Becket J. Jones is not your attorney.

You guessed that right; definitely not the answer i was waiting for. Regardless, it's good to know that they are just running behind and I will just cross my fingers and hope for a reply soon. Thank you Mr. Jones

I do not recommend contacting the DLAD. I have received decisions in a few days up to a few months. The bottom line is that you will get a decision provided the DLAD has your correct address. By the way, don't think the decision is bad because you didn't get it right away. Hang in there and I hope you get back on the road.

I have to say, I chuckled a bit when reading the first sentence. I really don't think they're very concerned about the time frame. Yes, I did give them the correct address; so continue to wait i will. Wow, a few days to a few months? It's weird how it can vary so much, and the fact that the hearing officer told me "within a month" I would receive my reply made me think that was true. I appreciate the advice, and the hope as well as I have to get back legally on the road. Thank you Mr. Abdo

DUI court topics