How long does it take to receive a decision for Form I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE from the date of application?

San Francisco, CA |

I passed my application Form I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE last August 2011. How long it will take to receive a decision for this application? Thank you and I appreciate your help.

1. The normal processing time is about six months. If you have already had an interview then perhaps you should contact in immigration attorney to help. Be sure immigration has your current address. You can also call the number provide on the bottom of the receipt notice that the government sent to you,

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. The average national processing time is 6 months. Have you called USCIS to inquire as to the reason for the delay? Did you work with an immigration attorney? I would start with calling USCIS and opening a service request to report that you case is outside normal processing times.

FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 kiki@kikislaw.com The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question. kiki@kikislaw.com

3. Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics