How long does it take to reach a settlement in my worker's comp case after a judge found that I have 50 % PPD ?

After my doctor said I reached MMI the W / C judge fund that I have 50 % permanent disability . My attorney wants to speak to the insurance company to resolve the case once for all , but I wonder how long it will take ? I was told I'll get benefits for 300 weeks and I just received the first 2 weeks payment . The case is 5 years old and I gave him my approval to do so .

New York, NY -

William Ward Crossett

William Ward Crossett

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Syracuse, NY

The answer to how long depends on a number of factors including whether or not you are attempting to resolve future medical as well as the wage replacement benefits you are entitled to. If you are on or have applied for SSDI the process may take longer than just resolving the wage replacement benefit. I agree that your questions are best answered by meeting with your attorney to make sure you are both on the same page and that you understand how the process will work in your case.

Sponsored Listing
John M Connell

John M Connell

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Englewood, CO

Your question really can't be answered by this group, it should be answered by your attorney. A lot depends on the complexity of the case, the insurance company and adjuster, and what the demand is going to be. If you said you would settle for 100.00 I'm sure they could have a check to you tomorrow by Fed Ex.

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

Your Attorney is in the best position to answer your questions.