How long does it take to process Form I-485, I-130, I-765, G-325A and form I-864.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Gabriel, CA

I am on F-1 status and I recently got married to my boyfriend who is a U.S citizen. We filled out the above forms. My dilemma is: Can I go ahead and apply for my OPT since I am due for OPT application?
Can I have two pending cases at the immigration without one application cancelling out the other?
Do I have to maintain my F-1 status until my application goes through?
How long will the whole process take?

Thanks

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Towards OPT you will pay the filing fee; whereas towards I-485/ I-765 the fee is a blanket fee. If you are filing an IR petition, I-765 towards I-485 filing may suffice. Best to discuss it with an experienced immigration attorney.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Around six months.

3. Ji Min Kim

Pro

1

Answered . Adjustment of status (that's what I-485 is) for spouse of USC (US citizen) tends to get adjudicated very quickly. Therefore, you may not need to apply for OPT. When you file I-485 application, you don't have to pay separate filing fee for I-765. Talk to an experienced immigration attorney near you.