How long does it take to prepare closing documents?

Fitchburg, MA |
Filed under: Real estate

what is the average time one can expect to recieve a closing package from the closing atty who handled a realestate transaction. I closed on the 8th of Nov and have not recieved anything yet. it was a pretty clear cut transaction. I am in Mass.

You definitely should have received your documents by now. Most attorneys either give copies at the closing or send them out within a few days after. Call the attorney and ask for them to be sent right away. If the attorney doesn't respond contact your loan officer and let them know you are still waiting for copies.

thank you..there is no loan involved, Honestly , have been to 6 closings over my lifetime and this was the worst, very unprofessional closing atty.

Way overdue.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

You should have received a copy of your papers at the closing table.

You should write to the closing attorney and demand a copy of the documents.

Note that a final title policy can take a few months to issue.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Recommended articles about Real estate