How long does it take to here from a court appeal

Chicago, IL |

I had a appeal done in march I was not not happy with result . I decide to take it to a higher court in June , 2013 it had been over30 day seen my request. is there a deadline to answer my request for a appeal Circuit Court to response to my appeal?

This is concerning working with children to expunge decision so, I will be able to return to work.

1. Your question is very confusing. If you have appealed a decision to a higher court, you will not be hearing in circuit court. The appellate court will notify you whether your appeal has been accepted and if so, will provide you a briefing schedule. If you are not represented by counsel, you should be. As for finding out the status of your appeal, you can call the clerk of the court where you filed you appeal. If you in fact filed a motion that was not an appeal, you must select your won court date. Generally, the circuit court does not simply send you notice of the date.

Please consult with a lawyer ASAP.

2. I agree. Your question is confusing. Many more details would be needed to give you any kind of answer. What kind of case, federal or state, where did you appeal. I would suggest if you do not have an attorney, hire one. If you do, ask him or her these questions.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

3. Like my colleagues, I find your question terribly confusing. Are you telling us that you took an appeal from the circuit court to the appellate court, lost in the appellate court, and that in June you filed a petition for leave to appeal with the Illinois Supreme Court? If that is the case, you will not hear anything from the circuit court; you will not hear anything from the appellate court; you should get a letter from the clerk of the Illinois Supreme Court with your assigned case number; you might or might not see a response to your petition for leave to appeal from your opponent; and you will not get a ruling on your petition for leave to appeal until the Illinois Supreme Court reconvenes in the fall. In the unlikely event that your petition for leave to appeal is granted (and very few petitions are granted) you will then have to brief and litigate your case before the Illinois Supreme Court in Springfield.

But it is not clear to me that this is really the situation you are asking about. What is clear, not to be offensive, is that you are totally over your head in an area so difficult that most attorneys will not touch it at all.