How long does it take to hear back from USCIS after you completed biometrics ? Should I be concerned ?

Santa Ana, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

I sent my DACA application in October and did my biometrics in November i checked website , but initial review still shows

It's been taking USCIS about 4-6 months to process these applications, so there's no need to be concerned at this point. One option you have is to call the 1-800 number on your receipt notice. You can ask to make a service inquiry and they might look into it for you, but if it's still within normal processing times they'll probably tell you to just wait.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

I agree with my colleague; I also would add you can do an INFOPASS as well as call, but wait until the 6 months since filing have run: Goto tol this website to make an Info pass appointment
Retain or consult with an immigration attorney who handles such cases regarding DACA if you still have problems; finally be sure to keep copies of everything; make sure that you check on-line which is also possible with your receipt number. Goto this website:

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

I agree with my colleagues. I often tell my clients that the wait is the worst part and at a certain point you get nervous, but stay calm. You can call the 1-800 number or make an infopass appointment, but right now you're well within the normal processing time.

Any and all responses to this and any other questions are intended for basic informational purposes only and are not legal advice.

It has been my experience that the case information on the USCIS website is not updated or accurate all the time. I suggest waiting until end of March -- and if you still have not heard anything, then make an Infopass appointment to get more information from the local USCIS office. (Infopass appointments aren't instant. You will likely be given an appointment that is 1-3 weeks from out.)

If you still are having a problem, you may wish to consult with an attorney to help you.

Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
Immigration Attorney
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
Phone: 949.222.5900 | Fax: 888.488.6431

This is not legal advice, no guarantees/warranties have been made, and no attorney/client relationship has been formed.

Recommended articles about Immigration