How long does it take to hear back from MSPRC regarding the amount of a Medicare lien?

Williamsport, PA |

We have a settlement offer and my atty. has submitted all the information that the MSPRC has requested....been waiting for months. My atty doesn't know how long since he has had little experience in dealing w/ Medicare.

Typically MSPRC takes from 45 to 65 days to provide the Medicare reimbursement amount. That assumes it has been provided with the required consent and proof of representation forms.

Once MSPRC has provided Medicare payment detail, be sure to audit the information to remove any Medicare payments that were unrelated to the injury claim.

Once settlement details have been provided to MSPRC it will reduce the reimbursement amount to reflect attorney fees and costs incurred in prosecution of the injury claim and provide a final demand letter, typically within 30 days of being provided the settlement detail.

For more info: www.gullenlaw.com