HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO TO COURT AFTER THE APPEAL FOR A DISABILITY CAN A LAWYER GET IT FASTER

Alpharetta, GA |

I APPLIED FOR DISABILITY & WAS TURNED DOWN 2 TIMES ( ALMOST 2 YRS ) THIS TIME SENT A REQUEST FOR AN APPLEAL BEFORE THE JUDGE. HOW LONG DOES THIS USUALLY TAKE. CAN A LAWYER MAKE THE PROCESS GO FASTER

Yes, a lawyer can make the process go faster in some cases where an on the record decision can be granted before hearing, or in other cases such as dire need, terminal illness, or homelessness. Not only can an experienced disability lawyer move your case as quickly as possible, but your chances of winning your case significantly increase if you have an attorney to guide you through the process and represent you at hearing.

Timothy M. Klob
770-554-8100
KlobLawFirm.com

Provision of information in response to this question does not create an attorney-client relationship and the questioner is encouraged to seek and retain legal counsel in order to discuss their question(s) further and directly with legal counsel. Respondent is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Tennessee for non-Federal matters with a primary focus on personal injury and workers' compensation, and is also authorized by the Social Security Administration to represent claimants nationwide in Social Security Disability claims. The questioner is advised that some responses on this site are provided by attorneys who are not licensed in the respective jurisdiction of the questioner, and any advice from attorneys on this site concerning state-specific areas such as workers' compensation by attorneys who are not licensed in the applicable and appropriate jurisdiction should be viewed as for general educational purposes and should generally be given lesser weight than responses by attorneys licensed in the governing jurisdiction. Response to this question further assumes that the questioner is not currently represented by counsel, and if this is not the case, then it is recommended that any further questions or concerns be directed to their current legal counsel.

Social Security has four categories of ways to request an expedited hearing in Social Security:

Wounded Warrior - Where the disability arose out a military injury while on duty after October 2001.
Terminal Illness - if your condition will cause death within the year.
"Dire Need" - a DOCUMENTED inability to get food, shelter, or medication.
Homicidal or Suicidal - DOCUMENTED statements you are homicidal or suicidal.

Otherwise the only way a lawyer can speed up your hearing is to make sure that the file is ready to go and no extension is needed.

Britton Morrell, Esq.
KAPLAN MORRELL
(866) 356-9898

It takes about 15 months in NJ.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.