How long does it take to get your work permit?

Cochran, GA |

for the dreamers

1. It depends. Generally, it takes 90 days from the time of filing. However, there are some types of applications where the work card will only be approved if the underlying case is approved - such as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals or U status.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. Unknown.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.