How long does it take to get your passport back from the US Embassy once your visa has been issued?

Yonkers, NY |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

My husband was put under Administrative Processing after his interview at the US Embassy in Islamabad Pakistan, in December 2009. His AP was over on January 20, 2010. His visa was issued on January 21, 2010 and the embassy called him to submit his passport on January 22nd. Now it is March 4, 2010 (42 days since the visa has been issued) and the embassy has not returned my husband's passport. I contacted the embassy on March 1st and they said his visa is now under final stages and they will return the passport but it is still unpredictable how long it will take them for final processing. I am concerned since i have never seen such a case. Usually when visa is issued the passport is returned within a week or ten days. What can be the hold up?how long does final processing usually take?

Hi. this is usually done in a couple of days...however, I have had clients in the embassy in india that have been delayed for up to 2 weeks....however never this long.

Recommended articles about Immigration