How long does it take to get the interview date after the I 601 has approved?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

My waiver I 601 has approved. It's been almost 3 months but I have not received the date for interview. How long does it take to receive the letter with interview date on it?

It is up to you and how busy the consulate is. It is your responsibility to reach out to a consulate and schedule an interview.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

That's too late. Have your attorney make an inquiry with the US Consulate.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I just wonder whether you would ever get tired clicking and start answering questions instead?

depends on the consulate and congrats and getting the waiver approved

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Something seems to be wrong. Have your attorney inquire with the consulate.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Contact the consulate to schedule the interview if you have not received a notice from them yet.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Recommended articles about Immigration