How long does it take to get the FTB to return bank levied money after you file tax return

Isleton, CA |

The FTB(ca) levied my bank acct. 10 days ago. my CPA filed my state tax return yesterday(i had zero liability for the state), how long will it take the state to return my money. Does it go directly to the bank from which they took it. or do they issue me a check and send to my house. I realize the state was in the right, because i had not filed my return.

1. Our experience has been running 60-120 days in many cases.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

2. I agree with Attorney Nielsen; the FTB does not move quickly. You'll most likely get a check in the mail.

All information provided is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.