How long does it take to get IR1 or CR1 visa?

Saragosa, TX |

I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina and i will marry American citizen here in Bosnia, so i wanted to know how long does it takes to get IR1 or CR1 visa for me to join him in United States? And how long i have to wait until i can start working?

1. From the time you file teh immediate family petition and consular process, you have to allow about one year. As soon as you enter the U.S. on immigrant visa, you receive the conditional green card. the card allows you to accept employment in the U.S.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Hassan Elkhalil
    www.greencardusa.com
    (770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

2. About 1 year if case is processed outside the US.

3. Approximately one year, and if you are outside the United States, you will not be able to work until you arrive and get your residence card.

Avvo doesn't remunerate me for this response, and I'm only offering limited advice based on the few facts given me in your question. I am not your lawyer solely because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me or are interested in a low cost or free consultation, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. It's impossible to fully evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.