How long does it take to get approve from the USCIS?

Dear sir, My wife is an American citizen. She applied on December 2012 I-130. She received acceptance latter on October 2012. It’s about 7 months gone I checked our case through USCIS website. Our case still is in initial review. Our case is in MSC - Missouri Service Center (MSC, transitioned to NBC). How long does it take to get approve and I can get visa. Thank you all. Regards, Zakaria Dhaka , Bangladesh

Tahoka, TX -

Find Out More

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

It depends on the volume and resources. The time for the I-130 approval will likely be 6-9 months. After that it goes to NVC, where you will receive additional correspondence and request for fees. after fees ate paid, the case is sent to the Bangladesh where you will get a medical exam and attend a visa interview.

Total processing time from filing I-130 to getting visa is more than a year.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

An I-130 filed by an LPR for his Ouse can take more than 7 months to adjudicate,given that there is no visa number available for at least 2years, until the priority date becomes current.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.