How long does it take to get approve from the USCIS?

Tahoka, TX |

Dear sir,
My wife is an American citizen. She applied on December 2012 I-130. She received acceptance latter on October 2012. It’s about 7 months gone I checked our case through USCIS website. Our case still is in initial review. Our case is in MSC - Missouri Service Center (MSC, transitioned to NBC). How long does it take to get approve and I can get visa. Thank you all.
Regards,
Zakaria
Dhaka , Bangladesh

It depends on the volume and resources. The time for the I-130 approval will likely be 6-9 months. After that it goes to NVC, where you will receive additional correspondence and request for fees. after fees ate paid, the case is sent to the Bangladesh where you will get a medical exam and attend a visa interview.

Total processing time from filing I-130 to getting visa is more than a year.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

An I-130 filed by an LPR for his Ouse can take more than 7 months to adjudicate,given that there is no visa number available for at least 2years, until the priority date becomes current.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.