Professional legal advice for $39.

Avvo Advisor
Talk to a lawyer

How long does it take to get an interview notice for naturalization (n-400) after receiving yellow letter?

On January 7th, I have been placed in line for an interview for naturalization (N-400) and still didn't receive an interview notice yet. On february 4th, I have received the yellow letter that says to bring driver's licence to the interview. I live in the bronx, ny and my friend that applied for naturalization after me have receive an interview notice before me. Should I be worried? Should I call USCIS and see what's wrong with my case or still wait more? They say on the case status that I should receive the interview notice within 90 days of being placed in line, but I still didn't receive it. Do they really respect this time frame? Thank you

Bronx, NY -

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

actually your friend's interview notice came in very quickly, faster than usual. NY District is about 5-6 months for turn around on interviews. You live in the Bronx so interview will be at 26 Federal Plaza. Don't worry, it will come.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

It is about 5 to 6 month in New York. In your situation, you should not call USCIS. Just let it be for a while and you will get your letter. I suggest you hire an immigration attorney to go with you to that interview. Dealing with USCIS may prove to be a daunting task and having an knowledgeable and competent professional by your side may be a problem solver.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.