How long does it take to get an interview notice for naturalization (n-400) after receiving yellow letter?

Bronx, NY |

On January 7th, I have been placed in line for an interview for naturalization (N-400) and still didn't receive an interview notice yet. On february 4th, I have received the yellow letter that says to bring driver's licence to the interview. I live in the bronx, ny and my friend that applied for naturalization after me have receive an interview notice before me. Should I be worried?
Should I call USCIS and see what's wrong with my case or still wait more? They say on the case status that I should receive the interview notice within 90 days of being placed in line, but I still didn't receive it. Do they really respect this time frame?

Thank you

actually your friend's interview notice came in very quickly, faster than usual. NY District is about 5-6 months for turn around on interviews. You live in the Bronx so interview will be at 26 Federal Plaza. Don't worry, it will come.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Estimated processing times are always as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

It is about 5 to 6 month in New York. In your situation, you should not call USCIS. Just let it be for a while and you will get your letter. I suggest you hire an immigration attorney to go with you to that interview. Dealing with USCIS may prove to be a daunting task and having an knowledgeable and competent professional by your side may be a problem solver.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.