How long does it take to get a US immigrant visa?

Lawrence, MA |

We're applying for family-sponsored status, and are wondering how long the process is likely to take.

.

Please be specific what relative is being sponsored and by whom?

It depends on where it is filed, where it will be processed, what kind of family relation is involved, and how well the application package is prepared. It can be anything between 4 months (the fastest I have ever seen) to many years.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
Southern California Immigration Attorney
www.wolfklaw.com
951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

It depends on the preference category. It can take from 6 months to 16 years!

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Recommended articles about Immigration