How long does it take to get a US immigrant visa?

Asked about 3 years ago - Lawrence, MA

We're applying for family-sponsored status, and are wondering how long the process is likely to take.

.

1. 2

Answered . It depends on where it is filed, where it will be processed, what kind of family relation is involved, and how well the application package is prepared. It can be anything between 4 months (the fastest I have ever seen) to many years.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

2. 1

Answered . It depends on the preference category. It can take from 6 months to 16 years!

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

3. 1

Answered . Please be specific what relative is being sponsored and by whom?