How long does it take to get a settlement payment after a hearing was made through workers comp?

Asked over 2 years ago - Newark, NJ

My hearing was on December 16, 2011, and I ended up winning my case. I was wondering how long it takes for a workers comp case to send the money in the state of New Jersey.

1. Manfred F Ricciardelli II

Pro

5

1

Answered . The insurance carrier must make payment within 60 days, although they usually do so in a shorter time period.

2. Pablo N Blanco

3

Answered . Typically, and depending on the insurance company, it takes about four weeks. But I have seen as short as two weeks and as long as eight weeks. Sometimes, the insurance company will miss the 60 day deadline, but that's very unusual.

3. Katherine Grace Houghton

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, but only add that if they are more than 60 days in paying, you may make a motion to compel payment and if you have an attorney that attorney may seek a counsel fee for the delay. Usually, your attys phone call to the adversary solves the rare delay over 60 days.