How long does it take to get a settlement check from a wrongful death lawsuit?

Canton, OH |

I have completed everything the defendants have asked me to do as of Feb 22, 2012 now I'm just waiting for them to release my check. It's a giant corporation and their main offices are in Germany. I live in Ohio, and my attorneys are in Florida. My attorneys paralegal said it could take up to 90 days it's already been over 60 days. Can the defendants take as much time as they want to release my check or do they have release soon?

If the terms of the settlement required payment within 90 days, then payment will most likely be paid soon, probably near the 90 day deadline. Contact your attorney or just be patient. I'm sure your attorneys have everything under control.

2. Timing of funding should be addressed in the settlement agreement.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

3. Gus is right, we usually ask the other side to agree to a time frame as a part of the settlement process. Hope this time does not put too much of a strain on your finances.