How long does it take to get a response back from USCIS about I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility?

Riverside, CA |

We already got a letter that they have our packet and we already went to my husbands fingerprint appt. 2months ago. And with the NVC everything is paid for and done with they told me they are just waiting on an answer from USCIS too so they can give me an interview
I don't need an exact date but approximately about how many months? And after how long does it take the NVC to get me an interview date would it be this year or in 2 months it's because I'm in the process of registering for school and don't want to sign up if this is going to intervene.

Every case is different. It could take a few months ... or it could take a few years.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Depends on the post.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Usually, it take quite a few months. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration